Find a Local Vegan Healthcare Practitioner!
Vegan Nutrition and Health Care
- Defeating Diabetes Book
- Forks Over Knives Film (available at the Lawrence Public Library)
- Nutrition Facts
- Phycians Committee For Responsible Medicine
- Proteinaholic Book (available at the Lawrence Public Library)
- Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease Book (available at the Lawrence Public Library)
- The End of Heart Disease Book (available at the Lawrence Public Library)
- The End of Diabetes Book (available at the Lawrence Public Library)
- True North Health Center and Clinic
Recipes and Meal Planning
- Allyson Kramer — Gluten Free Plant Based Recipes
- Artisian Vegan Cheese Book (available at the Lawrence Public Library)
- Eat Vegan on $4 a Day Book
- Get Off Gluten Book (one of our resident local vegan authors!)
- FEAST Lawrence blog and recipes (Lawrence area news and recipes)
- Gluten Free Vegan Girl
- Great Gluten Free Vegan Eats Book (available at the Lawrence Public Library)
- Low FODMAP and Vegan Book (available at the Lawrence Public Library)
- My $1.50 a day eating challenge
- One Ingredient Chef
- Paleo Vegan Book (available at the Lawrence Public Library)
- The Fat Free Vegan Kitchen
- Vegan On a Budget
- Vegan Richa’s Indian Kitchen (book available at the Lawrence Public Library)
- Miyoko’s Cultured Nut Cheeses
- Cito’s Cashew Queso — MADE and SOLD in LAWRENCE!!
- Beyond Meat — Plant Based Protein available at the Merc, HyVee, Sprouts, and Dillions
- Just Mayo — Available even at WALMART!
- Daiya Dairy Free Cheese Hard cheeses, shreds, yogurt, cheese cakes, pizza and more
- Egg Replacer
- VeganEgg available online or at Natural Grocers
- Hillary’s Eat Well Allergy Friendly Foods (a local vegan and gluten free company!)
- Sophie’s Kitchen Vegan Seafood
- Pangea Online Vegan Store
- Vegan Essentials Online Stores
- V-Dog Vegan dog food
Vegan Dining in Lawrence
We are so glad to have an ALL VEGAN cafe in Lawrence now!
- The Breakfast Club at the ECM! https://www.facebook.com/TBCECM/
In addition to the amazing Breakfast club, we want to help people realize that veganism can be simple and done anywhere at anytime without causing deprivation, so here we showcase some of the best vegan food options in the rest of Lawrence!
- Thai Diner — almost every dish can be veganized by subbing tofu for meat! (great gluten-free options too)
- Archibowls — a local mexican fusion restaurant with a great selection of vegan options!
- Minsky’s Pizza — Get a pizza with the vegan & gluten-free crust and topped with vegan Daiya cheese
- Wheatfields — all the bread sold is vegan
- Encore — great chinese food with a large number of vegan entrees
- Zen Zero — a large number of vegan options and two vegan AND gluten-free entrees
- Ramen Bowl — many dishes can be easily veganized, just check to make sure you are getting the vegan noodles!
In addition to these places highlighted, almost any every restaurant has SOME kind of vegan option available now, such as a salad, a baked potato, baked beans, vegan burger, or steamed or stir fried vegetables. It never hurts to ask and find out what your options are!